For many older adults, the holidays are the loneliest time of the year.
Many wish that they could be with family, but can’t – for a variety of reasons. Others yearn for relationships with family that they see others enjoying or long for closer connections with friends.
This holiday season, we're on a mission to spread joy to 250 older adults by connecting them with youth. They'll feel more joyful and less lonely.
Every $10 donated enables us to spread joy to 1 older adult. How many older adults will you help us connect this holiday season?
* Make your donation go even further with a matching gift from your employer. Scroll down for information.
Through your donation, you will be joining a powerful movement that is connecting the generations, improving health and well-being, and changing negative perceptions about aging.
- Maya Angelou
Find Out If Your Company Participates
You might be able to make your donation go farther. Many companies encourage employees to donate to their favorite charities by matching their contributions, sometimes dollar-for-dollar or more.
Simply contact your human resources or matching gifts department to see if your employer matches gifts. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer and send it completed and signed with the receipt of your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to us may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
How Do I Apply for a Matching Gift?
1. Obtain a matching gift form and program guidelines from your human resources office.
2. Fill in the Employee section of the form and mail it to us along with your donation.
Or, if you've made your contribution online, simply complete the form and mail it to:
For All Ages
P.O. Box 61
Simsbury, CT 06070
* Note that more and more companies are using on-line matching donation tools that you can access directly from your company's internal systems to request a match!
3. If your company is using a manual matching gift process, we will complete the form and return it to your employer's matching gifts office for processing. The company will send its matching donation directly to For All Ages. Some companies disburse matching gifts on a quarterly or yearly schedule. To reduce administrative expenses, we will not forward a notice to employees when matching contributions are received. If you ever have a question about your company's matching donation, contact your human resources or matching gifts department.